Subject: Samba !
From: [email-masked] (Frank Aalbers)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 11:27:34 +0100

Okay ! It's Samba-time ! :-)

It maybe isn't a LW topic but surely hast to do alot with getting
frames and files exchanged between Amiga and NT systems .

Yesterday I installed Samba on the Amiga to make Amigadrives visible
to a NT Network using TCP/IP and AmiTCP .

After some trying I managed to get my work: and ddr: (PAR) directory
visible on the NT network .

But of course nothing ever works 100 % ... :-\

When I start Samba and I connect 2 networkdrives selecting the Amiga
Work: and DDR: everything works great ! The problem is ... I can only
use ONE PC to recognice the Amiga drives ? How is this ? From the
moment I connect one of the several NT systems with my Amiga I just
can't connect the other PC's also to it . It gives an error of not
finding the network path . After resetting the Amiga and starting Samba
again, I can use anny PC to connect to the Amy but after that none of
the others can ... Can somebody please help me with this ?

Also After connecting to the Amiga it is possible to render frames
directly to a Amiga drive exept for the DDR: PAR drive ! This has
something to do with the PAR software I suppose . Annyway , I found a
way to go around it . :-) Using Sentry from AdPro . I just render to a
particular directory and sentry detects when a new file is written in
that directory . It then copys it directly to the DDR: drive . Works
perfectly .

So that is my Sambastory for today ! If Annyone can help me , thanks
in advance !

On the other hand , why bother ... wel will be getting soon our PVR
for NT . :-)

Frank Aalbers
GRID Productions
--
[email-masked] (Frank Aalbers) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]